Special Event 6/2: Hung Jury – Bottom Surgery Procedures for Trans* Guys
For trans* guys and allies who are interested in bottom surgery as part of FTM transition, this evening will be an opportunity to compare different types of surgeries and their results and learn from first-hand accounts about the process and outcome of genital reconstruction. Join Trystan Cotton and Zander Keig, editors of Hung Jury: Testimonies of Genital Surgery by Transsexual Men, for a presentation and slideshow of surgery results with Q&A afterward. Books will be sold at the event.
**We are seeking ASL support – please let us know if you can help!**
- When and where: June 2, 2013 – 4-6 pm –Portland Q Center
- Cost: $5 suggested donation, no one turned away for lack of funds.
- Will call ticket reservation is available: http://bit.ly/13KdFfa
- More questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Tranz Guys Meeting Is Sunday May 19
6pm to 8pm at the Q Center – 4115 N Mississippi Ave.
Topic: To Be Announced
As always, we’ll have social time after the meeting at a nearby restaurant, open to friends, family, partners and others.
Q Center: Single level, ramp to front door, armless chairs available. Two gender neutral bathrooms, one is wheelchair accessible.
This is the online home of the Tranz Guys group, a monthly social support/discussion group in Portland, Oregon for people who were assigned female at birth but who now identify otherwise or who are questioning their gender identity.
In order to create a safe space for all participants, our regular group meetings are open only to those who are exploring their own gender identity or who identify on the transmasculine spectrum. For resources for partners and family of trans-identified people, see our SOFFA section.
- Local and online trans groups and resources
- Legal & ID – Links to legal resources and info, plus how-tos and forms for changing many official documents
- Health & Medical – Lists of trans-friendly providers, links to testosterone and surgery info
- Media – Online trans videos and audiocasts, lists of books and films, and personal sites
Much of what you’ll find here is based on the excellent Resources PDX guide, as well as on personal experiences and information shared by individual members of the trans community. We hope you’ll feel free to actively contribute by giving us suggestions and feedback, sending us additional resources or information, and letting us know about events that are coming up.
If there is something you would like to see here, or you want us to post an announcement, contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.